Adsense

Monday, January 26, 2015

Updates in progress... Under construction...

So as you can tell, this blog is just now starting up recently. I strive to photograph all of the mushrooms that I can possibly find. Each mushroom has some beauty in it, but not every mushroom is edible. I'll be doing more work here soon and sharing many pictures that I have taken throughout the last few years. Here's just a sample of what is to come.

Above: Psilocybe cyanescens; very potent psychedelic
Below: Gymnopilus luteofolius; mildly psychedelic

As I mentioned above, not all mushrooms are edible. As this mushroom below is considered toxic. For years people believed Paxillus involutus was edible if cooked thouroughly, but folk were wrong as some had allergic reactions and fell very ill. Sometimes dying. Although mushrooms can be poisonous, its quite easy to become aware with the bad as you study further into mycology. Mushroom books create a safe haven for identification along with various websites that host forums for identification, (I.E. Shroomery.org).

Above: Paxillus involutus; poisonous, can be fatal
Below: Galerina Autumnalis; very deadly


No comments:

Post a Comment